Home About Portfolio Ideas Contact

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Boxwood Beauty!!!

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well with you.  Today I would like to take a moment and post about what is my favorite staple garden bush.  The Boxwood!  Boxwood bushes and topiary trees have lined the entryways of some of our most distinguished homes and gardens for as long as I can remember.  They lend a certain style that reads true elegance.  Boxwood bushes can be mixed with an unruly garden to tighten it up a bit or planted with as bevy of boxwood's grouped together to celebrate their unique beauty. 

 Small boxwood topiaries make a great table scape, and are often used to anchor a console table or a fireplace mantle.

  The boxwood is my personal favorite because they can be potted or planted and remain green through out all of the seasons, which as you know in NY we have extremely hot summers and extremely cold winters.  I am not a fan of the sculpted topiary, they freak me out a bit,  but I did find one crazy bird that put a smile on my face!  Take a peek.


 
 I love the use of these boxwood clippings to give this 
Autumn design great contrast.

 Here we see how versatile they can be - we are so used to associating the boxwood
with a sculpted garden but look at how fabulous they look
potted on the deck of this lakeside home.

 The boxwood is the only way to go when you are landscaping a
beautiful garden design such as this one.


 Tight enough to put on any small balcony where you would love to have a little greenery.
  Also, keep in mind they come in any size.


 Lining this walkway is a great way to go.
 Maybe add a little color for the season, but other than that timeless beauty.

 Amazing!

 This tight boxwood works wonders with the free flowing floral behind it,
and I love that its potted!

 They are used so beautifully in this garden.

Potted topiary boxwood's look lovely here.

 Great for commercial use as well!!

 My little Crazy Bird! Love it!

 Nothing needs to be said about this other than WOW!
  An additional shot of the earlier pictured home.

A beautiful and elegant way to dress up this table. 
 They have not only used mini boxwood's in silver vases, 
but I see boxwood balls on the table as well.

 So pretty at this doorway paired with our garden friend.

I hope I was able to inspire you to give the lovely boxwood a try in your home.  I have always enjoyed them in mine. :)


Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment