Home About Portfolio Ideas Contact

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Miles Redd

  Hey Everyone,
           I have been SUPER BUSY, but it's all good!  I gave some real thought as to what I wanted to blog about today and being that I am in the midst of changing my two living room sofas I decided I would talk about that.  I love color! My walls are faux finished in a yellow and brown venetian plaster, much like the pallet Bunny Williams used on her Connecticut job a few months back in AD.  Just my luck that it's so similar, looking through that spread made me actually like my choice again.  I have decided that my sofas would be yellow as well.  Just go with it, embrace the color and stand behind it.  I am like most designer, self doubting.  Too many options, so many ways to go - all work out beautifully, but until we commit we are in distress.  I am no longer in distress and it is going to be fabulous!
        That is my point today, Commit to your Color Choice!  I will admit that I have made more than my share of mistakes, mostly with the color pink - but that does not change my love for color.  I have a few favorite designers that are bold and fearless with color.  Mary McDonald, Jamie Drake, Martin Lawrence Bullard and of course Miles Redd.  Miles Redd is my choice for today's blog.  This current month of AD was an absolute joy to read,  Miles use of color in the Bahamas vacation home was delightful to say the least.  Yes, blue is on my color radar so maybe I am partial, but he certainly knows how to put a smile on my face!  Here are a couple of snippets for you to enjoy as well.  :)




This month in AD - Take a Peek!

 Love the China Seas fabric on these sofas, bold and beautiful
 I know you can't see it in this small image, but Miles has taken a set of vintage rattan/wicker chairs
         at the dining table, painted them a light shade of blue and made us fall in love
 with them all over again
Simply Beautiful!
Bravo!

Here are a few more from the past that I believe deserve mentioning. :)


Daring

  


I could totally see myself in this kitchen!

  
This is a color I could never get my husband to agree to, but I LOVE IT!

I should explain something about myself, I don't want to just create beautiful interiors for other people, I want them for myself - always have.  My poor husband has had to put up with quite a bit over the course of our 20 years and unfortunately for him, no matter how busy I am I always find time to paint and redecorate our home. It is so important to me to wake up in the morning and have everything the way I want it.  Many people can live with things not just so, I am not one of them.  That explains a lot of who I am, to those who know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment