Home About Portfolio Ideas Contact

Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Mini Makeover

 Hey Everyone,

     Well it has been 5 years since I moved into this house and since I am definiately the type of person that lives in her house hard, it is time for new sofa's, rugs and an overall update.  Being that I moved in with tons of furniture from our last house some of my choices in furnishings I am stuck with.

     This go around I have much more knowledge of furnishings, rugs, draperies, lighting....need I go on?  Great, right? This should be a breeze!  Wrong!!! Now I know too much, can't make a decision - brass tables, linen wrapped table - velvet on my favorite chair or a print?  I have decided to take this journey to the people, sometimes writing things down clears it up.

      The first picture that I am posting today is my living room in its current state, seriously undone.  I have purchased two beautiful sofas from Lee Industries with a gold tone silk tape from Samuel and Sons bordered in larger brown tape by Hymen & Hendler.  There are currently two sunburst mirrors from Two's Company and the seagrass carpets are from Frank's Cane and Rush.  The only side table I have purchases thus far is a vintage low square mirrored piece from Meg Braff Designs on Forest Avenue in Locust Valley that I have decided to place next to the settee and I love it!

     Here is a pic in it's current state.  The room is rather large (25' x 26") and being that the fireplace is centered I am forced to create one living space.  I have a small reading space in the far left corner that is quite cozy but the chair needs reupholstering.  My new settee needs a fabulous new fabric as well.  We are still a long, long way from complete.  Chairs are missing, pillows are from the old living room - I just keep them there so my gorgeous dog Oscar won't jump on my new sofas. LOL! Tables are on their way!  I cannot commit to any of the accessories, if you look carefully they still have price tags on them!  I need amazing x benches and a sofa table to balance the space.  Stay tuned!






My Baby Boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment